Sunday, February 24, 2008

Home-Built Pizzas, Park Slope

Last night Carolyn and Schot invited their friend Sarah and us over for some home-made (except for the crust and sauce) pizzas. All the ingredients were fresh from the Park Slope Food Co-op, and the combination of toppings was delectable. We had sun-dried tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms, black olives, tempeh bacon, chopped garlic, and fresh basil. After we'd licked our plates we played a lively game of Balderdash (at one point during which I was laughing so hard I was afraid I might induce labor. I was reading AJ's description of the movie The Appointment— "A man and his therapist. What will they uncover next?"). It was a lovely Saturday evening in Brooklyn.


Carolyn primes the crusts with olive oil and a little sauce.


Prepping the toppings.


Finishing up with some basil and then more cheese.


Schot pops them in the oven!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homemade pizza can be really good. The question is always where to procure a good crust. I've tried buying balls of dough at both Trader Joe's and an Italian deli & pizzeria in my neighborhood. Unfortunately, I'm a complete klutz when it comes to shaping a sphere of dough into a disc of crust.

Lately, I've found good parbaked crusts at Simply Bread and I now rely on those. I'm not a fan of Boboli with its long, scary ingredient list and baked-in cheese.

Anonymous said...

Where is the crust from?
Jan

Allie said...

The crusts were from the Park Slope Food Co-op too. I will post again when I can find out the brand. Good question, though! Thanks.