Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mario's Pizzeria, Clinton Hill

Address: 141 Greene Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Purchase: Two plain slices
Cost: $3.50
Pizza Rating:

I really wanted to give Mario's a higher rating than 2.5--they were friendly, the slices were cheap, and there was a window for ordering outside so I didn't have to pick up Bruno and carry him while I was inside. However, my two slices were totally blah. They were both sort of soggy and not very flavorful. Mario's is not a high volume pizza place, the two slices that I got for dinner looked like they had been sitting there since lunch time. I don't think I would every go back to Mario's for slices but I would certainly order a whole pie from them. Their pizza would be quite good if ordered fresh.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Try their fresh tomato slice! It's fantastic and only 25 cents more than the plain one (I think).

And for a regular cheese slice in the hood you'll never go wrong at Tony's (Classon and DeKalb). Tony has been manning the shop himself six days a week since man landed on the moon and really knows his dough.