Saturday, June 09, 2007

Mariella Pizzeria

Address: 965 Lexington Avenue between 70th and 71st
Purchase: 1 regular slice
Price: $2.25
Pizza Rating:


Mariella's caught my eye on a walk to the post office during my lunch break. It seems to be a pretty busy place, close to Hunter College. There were still some people in line even though it was already two o'clock. They have a very large, clean, and tiled seating section, and very friendly pizza-makers. My plain slice was served up quickly, scalding hot, which means it was nice and fresh... which unfortunately also means I can't blame its poor quality on its sitting under heat lamps too long, (which I like to do when I like the place but not the pizza). The cheese was seriously greasy (see photo), the crust was extremely thin, and the sauce was so hot that the cheese was just sliding all over the place. On my way out, however, I saw their takeout menu, boasting their "best GRANDMA in Manhattan." I didn't notice any grandma slices, so it is quite possible that this claim is true, and the grandmas sold out at 11:30. Maybe I'll go back and try it next time I'm over there.




That is one shiny slice of pizza!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my son's favorite pizza!and the people are so nice, we love the place! thank you
Linda @ Lee