Friday, March 16, 2007

Sam's Restaurant

Address: 238 Court Street at Baltic, Cobble Hill
Purchase: One large regular, plus drinks, antipasti plate, and dessert
Price: The meal was on Charlie (Thanks, Chas!)
Payment: Cash only
Pizza Rating:


This old-school Italian restaurant and pizzeria had a lot of things going for it when we went with my godfather Chas and his niece Cyndy last month.* First of all, great atmosphere--charming decor, my favorite pizzeria-checkered table cloths, etc. Second of all, a ten-year-old was having a surprise party in the back room, which added a lot to the place's friendly mood. And third, the pizza was delicious! Fresh, hot, flavorful, thin but not too thin crust... Sam's is great. It's been on our list for a while, so I'm glad Cyndy, (who lives in Prospect Heights--and knows what's up with Brooklyn pizza!) recomended it for Charlie's visit from Cary, NC. It ended up being one of my very favorite pizzas yet. Plus the homemade Italian cheesecake was a tasty bonus. I can't wait to go back.


The pizza looked so good we forgot to get a picture before we started chowing down.




Chas and Cyndy


I'll take it!


I got this storefront photo off flickr. Don't know much about the steaks and chops... maybe it's best stick to the pizza. However, Sam's has been on Court Street since the 1930s, so they've probably got it all down.

*Thanks to Chas for the great pictures... better late than never!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Charlie, who referred me to your blog, is my uncle, and Cyndy is my cousin. I write a restaurant blog in Phoenix, and if you ever find yourself out here a visit to the legendary Pizzeria Bianco is definitely in order. I definitely have to include it on my site; it's just hard to get around to it when there's usually a two-hour wait for a table. -- David / "silverbear"