Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mario's, Fort Greene

Address: 224 DeKalb Avenue near Clermont Avenue
Purchase: 1 plain slice, 1 mushroom slice, 1 root beer
Cost: $2.25 per regular slice
Pizza Rating:


Meredith and I had a pizza picnic at Fort Greene Park with Bruno while she was in town a few weeks ago. We stopped at Mario's because of its window service and its proximity to the park. The slices hit the spot, but I think the quality was a little less than that of Luigi's a few blocks back up DeKalb (on the Clinton Hill side). The cheese seemed a little cheap and the sauce was a little sweet. It wouldn't stop me from going back next time I need a slice while I'm down there, I just wouldn't make a point of it. Mario's is a solid neighborhood standby slice.




The baby seemed happy enough with the slice.
Pictures courtesy Auntie Meredith!

No comments: