Friday, September 22, 2006

Pizza Mercato

Address: 11 Waverly Place
Purchase: Two Slices, 12 oz Soda
Cost: $3.50
Pizza Rating:


Pizza Mercato is just as close to Washington Square Park as Ben's and probably even worse. They serve pizza plus other Italian dishes, spaghetti, lasagna, etc. It reminded me very much of a Sbarro's. The only reason I went there is that I had seen an advertisement for their specials. For $3.50 I got two slices and a soda. What a deal. I haven't seen anywhere in Manhattan with such good prices. But even if they started giving away the slices I don't think I would go back. The crust was thin and tasted like drywall and the sauce was sweet and from a can. The only reason they get such a high rating is due to the extremely cheap combination specials they offer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is not true. i am a reagular customer there this person has some kind of tongue problem.
thank you
pssugar